The menu for the panorama robot is slowly getting more useful as I learn how to make the menu structure. Once I figure out saving values between power cycles, I’ll be ready to mount the 16×2 LCD screen.
Of course I can’t show the video without also showing the result (scaled to 50% to keep filesizes manageable).
I have mentioned panoramas before. This time, it got lazy. I’m sure things will improve, since this is the first run.
It uses a lazy susan bearing, 2 Futaba S3004 servos, a Hitec HS-55 micro servo, an Arduino UNO SMD, a pile of brackets, bolts, boards and wires. I whipped up an arduino sketch that starts the panorama when I hit the letter “a” in a serial terminal, prints the servo angles for each stop, then waits for input when it’s done. I’ve decided on a 10 degree step in both pan and tilt with the zoom in all the way on the Nikon S220 camera. To get the pictures to my laptop, I use my Eye-Fi Share 2GB SD card. I then use Microsoft Image Composite Editor to stitch them.
And here’s the result, scaled down to a reasonable size. There are definitely some stitching errors. I suspect having the camera angle skewed to the right doesn’t help much.