Apr 292012
 

First things first, a picture demonstrating success.

20120429-224712.jpg

And a video!

Next, a link to the resources I needed http://www.ragingcomputer.com/2012/04/arduino-shield-etching-thoughts

After that, pictures. Lots of pictures.

After much cussing at Eagle for having a learning curve, I think I’ve finally settled on a design.

20120429-224731.jpg

I want the traces on the bottom of the board, closer to the arduino. I was careful to route the traces and connections around the ICSP header.

20120429-224722.jpg

After some futzing, I got it printed.

20120429-224749.jpg

And my first 2 attempts were failures. The PCB on the left didn’t completely transfer. The one on the right smudged and smeared.

20120429-224757.jpg

The third attempt wasn’t fantastic either, but it looks like it’ll at least function. I’ll take it.

20120429-224806.jpg

And into the Ferric Chloride.

20120429-224818.jpg

It looks a lot like it did when it went in, but with less copper.

Advertisement:

20120429-224828.jpg

A quick clean and it looks like something I can use.

20120429-224838.jpg

I know the mask is overkill, but it’s the only mask I’ve ever used that fit comfortably. Also note how I’m using these, safety glasses. ¬†Also, why have I not bought a dremel drill press before? I think I’m in love already.

20120429-224848.jpg

I must have been having fun, I sure made a mess of my work bench.

20120429-224918.jpg

And here she is, all soldered up with pin headers, jumper wires, and a potentiometer.

20120429-224939.jpg

20120429-224946.jpg

20120429-224953.jpg

20120429-225000.jpg

Next I put connectors on everything I had on the breadboard. The final picture is the one at the top of the post. The software is very rough, but it’s a start.

20120429-225007.jpg

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)